Wow. What a summer it was. I'm not sure where to even begin, I have so much to catch up on.
Heidi turned 1. What a fun girl she is! She's so full of personality and
she knows how to hold her own against two rambunctious big brothers.
We went on a fun road trip to Ivins and San Diego for Sam and Sarah's
wedding. Abram didn't get to go with us, because he was busy finishing
up the house. We drove the whole way with Mol. What a FUN trip! I think
my favorite part (besides the beautiful temple ceremony, of course) was
playing at the Del Mar beach with Elijah, McKay, Heidi, Mol, Gompy,
Shane, Gabe, Henry and Aubrey.
Elijah turned 5, and he started Kindergarten. I've been dreading sending
my baby off to school, but he really loves it! And it's a good time for
McKay and Heidi and I to have some quiet(ish) time. And Heidi's FAVORITE part of the day now is walking (or riding in the wagon) down the gravel lane to pick Elijah up at his bus stop after school. Here's Elijah on his first day (and the rest of us picking him up after).
I also had a couple of projects in the works before we moved. Remember our old red couch?
Tada! I made a fully washable slipcover and recovered the throw pillows. Fresh and new for under $80.
And my $50 piano that Abram snagged for me from the middle school? Complete with scratches, dings, and kids' initials...
Now it's my beautiful Plum Piano! I love it!
So that's our summer. I guess that about sums it all up!
Oh yeah, and we got our house all done and we're all moved in! (Haha. Did you really think I forgot?)
I just love our new little home. We are so blessed.
And our final news is... our baby boy is halfway through baking in my belly, and he seems healthy and well. Another wonderful blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment